Survivor OTR Series
Top Access • Low Profile Truck Scale
Rice Lake Weighing Systems’ SURVIVOR truck scales utilize up to 35 percent more steel content than competitor truck scales, providing the concrete deck support and overall weighbridge strength to last a generation or more.
The SURVIVOR OTR six-inch concrete deck sits above the truck scale’s neutral axis and is supported by a six-inch steel deck substructure, delivering maximum strength to the entire length and width of the deck modules.
Side view SURVIVOR truck scale
End view SURVIVOR truck scale
Many competitive weighbridges try to compensate for lighter steel and the lack of steel components by pouring a nine, 10 or 12 inch concrete deck, often extending below the neutral axis. This can result in dangerous concrete bending, which can cause surface cracks after only a short period of use.
End view of first competitor’s truck scales
End view of second competitor’s truck scales
SURVIVOR OTR truck scales are designed to accommodate a minimum of 250 trucks per day for 25 years without weighbridge fatigue—equivalent to more than two million weighments. Rice Lake’s five-year parts warranty covers load cells, junction boxes and suspension systems to ensure worry-free operation. SURVIVOR OTR truck scales also include a lightning protection package, and weighbridges are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for five years from delivery.
Tough from Start to Finish
Concrete deck OTR truck scales go through an extensive finishing process: blast-cleaning to remove mill scale and surface imperfections, maximum coating adhesion preparation, galvanized support pan placement on the concrete deck, high-solids urethane primer and paint application, and an asphalt emulsion undercoating on all non-visible steel surfaces.
A Solid Foundation
Matching the correct foundation to specific soil conditions is critical to scale performance. Factory specialists and authorized distributors will assist in specifying the proper type for each application site. Professional engineer-certified prints are available to further ensure a quality foundation.
Floating Slab Foundation
PE-certified Rice Lake design engineers use the most advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software to examine high-stress areas and design SURVIVOR truck scales based on actual loading characteristics. Custom designs can also be dimensioned to easily fit drop-in scales with most existing foundations.
Integrated Load Cell Pockets
Top access to load cells and junction boxes through an integrated load cell pocket ensures easy installation and maintenance. Load cell pockets are made with heavy-duty steel plates incorporated into the design of the scale, adding extraordinary strength and integrity to a critical area of the weighbridge.
Self-checking Mounting System
Rice Lake’s patented G-Force™ self-checking mounting system eliminates excess movement and scale wear by using 100 percent of the gravitational force from the loading action against itself, returning the scale to center without check rods or bumper bolts.
SURVIVOR OTR CONCRETE DECK Performance
- Up to 270,000 pound gross weight capacity
- 100,000 pound concentrated load capacity (CLC)
- 100,000 pound dual tandem axle rating (DTA)
- Span deflection ratio of 1:1300 for legal highway loads
- 75,000 pound capacity load cells and mounts
- NTEP Certified Legal for Trade up to 16.5 feet wide
- Concrete provides better traction in wet or icy weather
- Five to seven years longer life
- More mass means less friction and wear
- Better load distribution
- Less maintenance needed
- Ideal for both aboveground and pit applications
Intelligent Junction Box
Add an iQUBE² to your application to display and track load cell performance, and much more.
The optional iQUBE² digital diagnostic junction box has the unique capability to digitally monitor and communicate load cell performance, as well as the ability to compensate for a failing load cell until repairs can be made. iQUBE² provides unparalleled speed and communication and is far more resistant to electrostatic discharge and transient damage from lightning strikes than any other traditional junction box.
- iQUBE² is a Legal for Trade indicator without a display. It can be interfaced to almost any serial host using open protocol.
- With iQUBE², each load cell operates independently, improving the signal-to-noise ratio and making diagnostic functions available.
- The iQUBE² emulator function compares the output of each load cell adjacent to it and matches the cell output profile, allowing the scale to remain operational until a repair can be made.
- When used with a diagnostics screen, iQUBE² displays and tracks load cell performance, weight, dead load and current values for each load cell, and has the ability to send email alerts. The system diagnostic checks A/D, excitation, communication and load cell bridges, and assesses weighing performance with tunable diagnostics for return to zero, drift, noise and linearity.
- Each iQUBE² board has diagnostic LEDs for displaying load cell health, communication port activity, processor heartbeat and digital I/O functionality. The boards can run with a DC power source (7.5-12 VDC), or with an AC power supply that mounts in the enclosure.
When paired with Rice Lake’s 920i® digital indicator, diagnostics are taken a step further. The 920i display will prompt when a potential problem is detected and even email the findings to your service provider.
Complete your scale with the highest quality accessories.
- HMI Digital Weight Indicators
We offer a complete line of weight indicators, including models that can store up to 1,000 truck ID numbers and truck tares. Weight indicators are available in a range of enclosures for various environmental protection levels.
- iQUBE®² Intelligent Junction Box
Featuring the latest analog-to-digital technology for continuous scale monitoring and advanced diagnostics, iQUBE² provides a value-added solution for multi-cell scale systems.
- Ticket and Continuous Fanfold Printers
Our high-speed, high-quality printers include performance features such as 180 charactersper-second printing and double-strike power to handle up to five-part multicopy forms.
- OnTrak™ Data Management Software
OnTrak is easy-to-use, network-capable software with full reporting, accounting and invoicing features that connect your scale to your office computer and accounting system.
- Automated Ticketing Kiosk
Our Automated Ticketing Kiosk (ATK) system is ideal for truck identification, ticketing, and load assignment and weighing for concrete, aggregate and asphalt plant operations. ATK systems optimize truck and material flow and increase efficiencies throughout operations.
- Remote Displays
Featuring a super-bright LED display and a non-glare filtered lens, the SURVIVOR LaserLight® remote display and M-Series messaging remote display are clearly visible—even in direct sunlight. The displays’ unique IntelliBright™ feature uses a photo sensor to read ambient light to automatically adjust the displays’ intensity between day and night settings to optimize power usage.
- Traffic Signals
Our traffic signals have been tested to more than 80 miles-per-hour wind conditions on a single-point attachment. Corrosion-resistant PVC coatings and stainless steel hardware make the unit fully resistant to weathering.
- Guiderails (Recommended Option)
Heavy-duty guiderail systems offer an attractive, visible guide to help drivers stay centered on the scale. The guiderails are slightly offset to allow full use of the deck surface and minimize damage to truck wheels if contact is made.